A Letter From Ted
It is hard to believe that I was sworn in as your NC Senator on January 6, 2019, and it is already time to file again in December for next year’s election. This year has seen great progress towards improving the overall economy and quality of life in North Carolina and District 44 (Lincoln and Cleveland Counties, and the precincts of Stanley 1 and Lucia in Gaston County). I am pleased and proud to have had a role in the positive accomplishments of the Republican led General Assembly. I supported the following that were enacted:
- Returning to the hard working taxpayers the majority of an unexpected $900,000,000 budget surplus. This amounts to $250 per family and $125 individual tax rebates, to be mailed later this year to you. It’s your money to begin with.
- Allowing the purchase of health insurance through “associations” . This will greatly improve the affordability of health insurance for small businesses, sole proprietors, and farmers. This practice had been previously banned by the Affortdable Care Act (“Obamacare”).
- Long overdue raises to our deserving highway patrol, correctional officers, ALE and SBI officers, teachers, retirees, and our other valued state employees.
- The creation of more opportunities for mentoring young people in the trades
- Continued reduction of overburdensome business and personal regulations.
- Incentives to recruit and retain volunteer firemen.
These are just a few of the common sense measures I have undertaken on your behalf. Many more common sense measures such as increases in retirement benefits of state retirees and the Born Alive Abortion Survivor Bill (which would simply require that babies born alive after a botched abortion receive the same life saving treatment and care as any other newborn) were vetoed by the Governor.
I have also kept my promise of being accessible, having already held a Meet and Greet opportunity for constituents at the East Lincoln Volunteer Fire Department, and an Agricultural Roundtable discussion with regional farmers in Stanley. More such opportunities are being scheduled. In addition, I have helped many folks in my district wade through governmental red tape and bureaucracy to obtain benefits and other assistance.
In short, I am enjoying serving you as your state Senator and would like the privilege of continuing to do so in the future.
I am asking that you make as generous a contribution as you can to my re-election. Your generous donations made this fall before filing begins will send a strong signal to those who oppose the common-sense, traditional values that the people of North Carolina appreciate, I am your steady, conservative hand and voice in the NC Senate. Many radical left wing groups are already raising a large amount of out of state money in an attempt to overturn the North
Carolina Republican Senate majority. They only need to gain five seats, so I appreciate your help to insure that the seat that I hold will remain firmly in place.
Please contribute as much as you are able (maximum per individual is $5400).
As always, please feel free to call, write, or email me, or stop me in the grocery store, on the street, or at an event. I’m honored to serve you.
Thanks again and God bless,
409 Beaumonde Avenue
Shelby, North Carolina. 28150